Connecting iPhone to the projector revolutionized the world of technology and business. You can present your PowerPoint presentation on a big screen with a single touch. Once, you have learned to connect your iPhone to the projector, you will have the whole world around you.
The Home theatre system is a comfort zone, everyone is looking for in their life to make it more colorful. If you think of a projector as a classroom device only, you’re wrong. Don’t you want to watch your favorite TV show on a big screen at home? Well, it is possible now with a projector having multiple benefits.
Undoubtedly, it would be more beneficial when the projector is connected to the iPhone. This life-changing device will make your life more adventurous and excited. Let’s monitor some of the uses, means, and features of a projector connected to an iPhone.
Connecting iPhone To the Projector
However, there is no specific projector that could only attach to the iPhone. Instead, a traditional projector can also be connected to an iPhone using a cable or adapter. Connecting the projector to the iPhone can be done using multiple means of connection that are:
Connecting iPhone to Projector using a Bluetooth
Connecting your projector to the iPhone using Bluetooth is so easy and smooth. You just need to follow some of the following steps and your projector will be connected to the iPhone:
- At first, turn on the Bluetooth mode of the iPhone and put it on the pairing mode.
- Next, turn the jog button present in the center of the projector. It will show you the Menu bar of the projector.
- Select the Bluetooth option and turn it on.
- Now, put the projector’s Bluetooth on pairing mode.
- Look for the available devices to connect. Choose the right device and paired them together.
- When the color of the display screen of Bluetooth turns blue. It means that both devices are connected. And you can control your projector through your iPhone’s command.
If you want to ditch your cable and connect your iPhone to your projector wirelessly, Wi-Fi is the best option. To connect iPhone to the projector, you must:
Connecting iPhone to Projector using Wi-Fi
- Go to the Settings bar of the iPhone.
- Select the wireless connections. Turn on the Wi-Fi.
- Different networks will be shown on screen.
- Choose the right connection and enter the password. The projector and iPhone are connected.
But, the steps may vary a bit in different devices according to the model of the projector. While some projectors display the characteristics when you turn on the Wi-Fi.
Connecting iPhone to the Projector using a cable
One of the easiest and most commonly used methods for connecting the iPhone to the projector is a video cable. A video cable comes with a projector that can attach a projector to a phone, laptop, tablet, or another electronic device. But, the iPhone does not have any such cable or cable connecting port, you will have to buy an adapter for it. Two adapters are used for this purpose.
- VGA adapter- this adapter attaches to the lightning port of the iPhone present on the bottom side of the iPhone.
- AV adapter- this adapter attaches to the HDMI port of the iPhone.
Using a VGA or AV cable for connecting iPhone to the projector is the same. The only thing which makes your choice distinguishable is the projector you are using and its adapter. So, look carefully at the port in the projector and choose the cable either VGA or AV adapter. The major difference between both cables is that the VGA cable is thick, a 30-pin cable having screws on one side only. However, the AV cable is a thin, wide plug with an HDTV.
Through VGA Cable
- First of all, make sure that both cable and adapters are correct or not.
- Connect one end of the VGA cable to the lightning adapter. Be sure about the correct connection at the correct point.
- Connect your iPhone to the menu system of the projector for a control command.
- If the video has audio, attach the audio cable of the projector to the iPhone. Then turn it on to enable the audio function.
- If you have some presentation presented to a group of people, try to open it before connecting the projector to the iPhone. When the connections are made properly, you can direct the iPhone as you do routinely.
Through AV Cable
- A connector port for a 30-pin wide connector is available in most of the projectors. When you are connecting your iPhone to the projector through an AV cable, insert the connector in the correct port in the iPhone.
- Now, connect the HDMI connector to the HDMI port present in the adapter; labeled separately.
- Make sure that the connections are correct and accurate for the proper functioning of the projector.
- Insert the other end of the HDMI connector to the port of the projector.
- Turn on both the projector and iPhone. The connection will be developed.
- The iPhone display screen will be shown on the projector.
Connecting iPhone to the Projector using an Apple TV
Apple TV is an expensive and lavishing option that someone can use to connect the modern and expensive projector to the iPhone. This streaming of the video presentation on Apple TV is specifically called AirPlay. Connecting your iPhone to the Apple TV has the following steps:
- Connect both Apple TV and iPhone with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Open the Control Center.
- Click on the screen mirroring option.
- Tap the name of the Apple TV, you want to connect your iPhone to.
- Turn it on and make sure that the light goes green.
- Click the Done option to start the presentation on Apple TV.
Mirroring iPhone with Projector
Mirroring iPhone with a projector is one of the most convenient methods to have comfortable theatre timings with no disturbance. Even, you can hide the notifications or display screen of your iPhone using this mirroring feature of the projector. These features available on the iPhone are labeled as AirPlay and AirPlay mirroring. These allow you to share the connections on your iPhone or iPad.
You can stream the videos and audio on the projector while connecting the device to multiple speakers present in the room at that specific time. Even, if your iPhone or iPad does not have the feature of AirPlay mirroring, you can also use AllCast. The only thing you have to do at the moment is to download and install the mirroring feature on your iPhone.
Even after doing all the tasks so carefully and gently, you may get in trouble due to some unknown reason. So, here are some of the problems discussed, and the solutions are also briefly described for your convenience and ease. These troubleshooting tips will help you in solving the problems, you will face while connecting your iPhone to the projector.
What to do if only the video is working on the projector but not the audio?
Well, it depends on the adapter, you are using. If you use the AV adapter, it comes with both audio and video in one cable. So, in this case, check your cable and adapter; whether it is attached correctly or not. But, in the case of a VGA adapter, add a separate cable for audio. Because this adapter is only used for video purposes.
What to do if only one function is working at a time, not both?
First, check your connections. If they are correct, reset your connections. If the problem is still there, re-install the app on your iPhone.
What to do if your iPhone is not connecting to the projector?
This problem occurs when the connection is not accurate. So, make sure the iPhone is connected either through Wi-Fi or through cable. If the signals are distorted or the cable is damaged, the connection will be lost.
Bonus Resource: How to use MacBook with a Projector
iPhone has changed the world with its features, programs, and apps. Connecting it to the projector makes it more reliable. It helps you to present to a multi-national company while sitting at home. A cable is one of the best options for this purpose. And, if you are new to this, you can buy the products available easily in the market. Moreover, if you are not a cable lover, you can choose between different options of wireless connections.